28 December 2011

Whereas the author gives up TV

Dec 27: What did you give up?

TELEVISION. Yep. It's been 5-ish months and it's been pretty ok. I'll watch The Daily Show online here and there, and maybe an NFL game at a wing place if I'm really in a pinch. Overall, it's been pretty nice to have the tv out of the house. I've noticed how I get more done if the tv isn't an option.

Books I've read since:

The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay
The Particular Sadness of Lemoncake
My Horizontal Life
Mystic River
Bloodroot
The Art of Fielding
Freedom
Unbearable Lightness
(Most of these are from Dana)

I've also started guitar lessons for the first time in my life. Having a tv would have delayed me practicing my scales and nerdy guitar theory stuff. Now I can read a book instead of practicing my scales! Yea!


No comments: