08 December 2009

Pot o' Mold

Moment of Peace: An hour or a day or a week of solitude. What was the quality of your breath? The state of your mind? How did you get there?

Good golly, this is another toughy. I've done a lot of meditation this year but I wouldn't say they've been quality sessions, because I've either kept one eye open to see if everyone in the group was following the meditation or I've fallen completely asleep (and that's usually from a great build up of sleep deprivation from working a thousand days in a row ). I'd say I get about 3-4 moments of peace a year. And they all occur the minute I get home from a long stretch on the road. I have this weird moment when I walk into my apartment and everything looks recognizeable but nothing looks like mine. It's such a peculiar feeling to leave my place for 3 weeks and come back with everything exactly the same. (Except this last time around, I left a pot of coffee go to mold.)

No comments: