06 December 2009

Queer! (A part of a session!)


December 6 Workshop or conference. Was there a conference or workshop you attended that was especially beneficial? Where was it? What did you learn?
I'd venture to say that a big part of my job is pretty much like lining up workshops and even leading a few nuts and boltsy ones. As I think back through out the last year, these are the sessions (as we in the volunteer world call them) that stand out in my mind:
Dana's half day of learning to pay attention to the things around us in life (breath, wind, water, texture)
Beth S' and my session on lgbt issues. Best memory: Having vols and staff running to different parts of the lawn and yelling and jumping out words! It looked like a scene from a rock opera in the 70s.
Merle C's session on the Church of the Brethren complete with leading the volunteers in creating a haiku and new brand for the church. 



1 comment:

Marie said...

I loooved that session. Are we going to do a running around the lawn and yelling out words thing at the retreat? I think we should!