03 December 2012

The Kicker

Where did you visit this year?

I didn't have any unusual trips this year. Just the standard orientation and work places...Orlando, New Windsor, Chicago, St. Louis for Annual Conference, and Lititz, PA for Mission Alive.

I did visit the The Loretto Center for a silent retreat day. I hung out near the labyrinth for most of the day and watched the sun go across the early spring sky.

For me it's not always getting away and going somewhere new. It's really the coming home aspect that propels me forward in a slog of orientation days, or in the midst of mind-numbing insight sessions I attend. Coming home again and again is really the kicker for me. I can pretty much go anywhere and do the work, knowing that my tiny little family, my tiny little at-home life is waiting.

No comments: